REASONS WHY VETERANS ARE UNHAPPY
ATTHE PRESENT FORMAT OF OROP
1. Base year for implementation of OROP agreed to as FY 2013-14, Changed to Calendar year 2013. *
2. Date of Implementation agreed to 01 Apr 2014, Pushed forward to 01 Jul 2014. *
3. Rationalization of pensions being Insisted on as once in five years instead of annually.*
4. Substitution of a One man Judicial commission instead of the five member suggested.
LL AS LATE AS 1130 h 06 SEP 2014, THE DAY OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT)#(THESE WERE THE ONLY FOUR POINTS DISCUSSED BETWEEN GOVT REPRESENTATIVES & VETERANS TI
5. The exclusion of those who opt for Pre Mature Release from benefits accruing from OROP. #
6. The Fixation of pension be done as a mean average of the pay band instead of the top level.#
7. The suggestion of Handing over working out of modalities to 7 CPC. Objected to because: -#
(a) Once adopted by Parliament (Two successive ones in this case), No CPC or any other such commission has authority to adjudicate.
(b) Once granted OROP is in perpetuity.
(POINTS AT 5, 6 & 7 WERE NEVER DISCUSSED AT ANY LEVEL OR BY ANY OF THE GOVT REPRESENTATIVES TILL ANNOUNCED ON 06 SEP 2014 AT 2.30 PM)
Therefore if implemented in its present form will not only violate the definition of OROP but cause heavy financial hardship to all ranks across the board. It will also impediment the young profile of the Armed Forces that is necessarily a Operational requirement. The veterans are not asking for anything then the original due of OROP without any DILUTION.